March and April months popularly known for Public examinations either state-wide or Central wide. Many lakh students are going to appear for secondary or 10th class examinations this year 2014.These secondary examinations play a very major role in every student’s career. Students may do their Masters degree or PhD or more for their good career, but a very base step situated around 10th class. Basic aggregate marks from 10th class onwards are very considerable. So we are requesting our candidates to prepare very well for the board examinations which will be held in the last week of March month 2014 or else in April Month 2014.We are providing SSC Science model question paper – I here in detail.We shall also provide Paper-II in continuation of this Paper-I.We hope this may helpful for candidate’s board exam preparation.
Maximum Marks for Paper I: 50 Marks
Time duration: 2 ½ Hrs
Paper I is again divided into Part A and Part B, in which Part A is for 35 Marks and Part B is for 15 Marks
Part – A
Time duration: 2 Hrs , Marks: 35
SECTION – I
NOTE: 5*2 = 10
i).Answer any FIVE questions choosing at least TWO from each section
ii).Each Question carries 2 Marks
1. What are the positive and negative zero errors of a screw gauge and how are they determined?
2. What are the Applications of Radioisotopes in Medical field?
3. What are diamagnetic substances? Give two examples.
4. Draw the diagram of p-n-p and n-p-n transistors
GROUP – B
5. What is the shape of PCl5
6. 2.12 grams of Sodium Carbonate is present in the 250ml of its aqueous solution. Find its molarity.
7. How does the atomic radius and Ionization energy change In a period and a group?
8. What is the hydrogenation of oils? What are the uses of Hydrogenation of oils?
SECTION – II
NOTE: 4*1 = 4
i).Answer any FOUR of the following:
ii).Each question carries ONE mark
9. What is the value of Planck’s constant?
10. Draw the structure of Benzene.
11).What is annealing?
12).A ball is thrown with an initial velocity of 20m/s.Find the maximum height reached by the ball.
13).Draw the electromagnetic wave.
14).State Lenz’s law.
SECTION – III
NOTE: 4*4 = 16
i).Answer any FOUR questions choosing at least TWO from each group.
ii).Each question carries FOUR marks
GROUP – A
15. What are the basic postulates of Ewing’s molecular theory of magnetism?
16. Mention the differences between Newton’s theory and Wave theory of light.
17. Explain various different stages involved in Radio broadcasting with a neat diagram.
18. What is the principle of Nuclear reactor? How do we control the chain reaction in it?
GROUP – B
19. What is the Coordinate Covalent Bond? Explain with an example.
20. State and Explain Aufbau principle with an example.
21. Write the process of petroleum refining.
22. Mention the reactions of Alkaline earth metals with Water, Oxygen, Hydrogen and Chlorine.
SECTION – IV
NOTE: 1*5 = 5
i).Answer any ONE of the following questions.
ii).Each question carries FIVE marks
23. Draw the arrangement of magnetic lines of force when North Pole of magnet facing Geographic South.
24. Draw the chart showing the electrolytic extraction of Mg from MgCl2
Part – B
Time: 30 minutes, Marks: 15
i).Answer all the questions
ii).Each question carries ½ marks
iii).Answers with over writing will not be corrected
I. Choose the correct answer and write the corresponding letter in the brackets provided.
10* ½ = 5
1. Weight of 400g of stone is ( )
A).4.0 N B).3.9 N C).0.39 N D).0.4 N
2. Velocity of sound in air is ( )
A).V=√ (ρ/ γ ρ) B). V=√ (ρP/ γ) C). V=√ (γ P/ ρ) D).V=√ (P/ ρ)
3. The rays used to take photographs in darkness ( )
A).Infrared B).X – rays C).Microwaves D). γ rays
4).The value of solid angle for a complete sphere is ( )
A).2π B).3π C).4π D).π
5).The charge carriers in a semiconductor ( )
A).Holes B).Electrons C).Electrons and Holes D).None
6).Among 3p, 4s, 3d and 4p the orbital having least energy is ( )
A).4s B).3p C).3d D).4p
7).Solubility depends on ( )
A).Nature of Solute B).Nature of Solvent
C).Temperature D).All the above
8).The formula of lauric acid is ( )
A).C17H35COOH B). C17H33COOH
C). C11H23COOH D). C17H29COOH
9).The sweetest sugar is ( )
A).Fructose B).Glucose C).Sucrose D).Cellulose
10).Example of a mixed fertilizer is ( )
A).KCl B).Mn C).Nitrophosk D).KNO3
II. Fill up the following blanks. Each question carries ½ marks, 10* ½ = 5
11).The distance between a node and its adjacent antinode is _______________
12).The wave length of a Ruby laser is _____________
13).The SI units of intensity of magnetic field are _____________
14).The device which converts mechanical energy into electrical energy is ____________
15).Mixing of audio or video waves with carrier waves is known as ______________
16).Valence electronic configuration of Copper (Z=29) is _____________
17).Shape of water molecule is ___________
18).The by-product in alcohol industry is _____________
19).Colour of Methyl orange indicator in acidic medium is ___________
20).COOR is known as _____________
III.Match the following. Each question carries ½ marks. 10*½ = 5
(i) Group – A Group – B
21. Angular velocity ( ) A).Pumping
22).Angular Displacement ( ) B).Radian/Sec
23).Fictiuos force ( ) C).4n+3 series
24).Population inversion ( ) D).4n+2 series
25).Actinium Series ( ) E).4n Series
(ii) Group – A Group – B
26). Acetylene ( ) A).C6H14
27). Acetic Acid ( ) B).CH3OH
28).Glucose ( ) C).C6H12O6
29).Methyl Alcohol ( ) D).C2H2
30).Hexane ( ) E).CH3COOH
Part – B Answers:
1).B 2).C 3).A 4).C 5).C 6).B 7).D
8).C 9).A 10).C
11). λ/4 12).6943 Å 13).Ampere/Meter 14).Dynamo
15).Modulation 16).4s13d10 17).V Shape 18).CO2
19).Red 20).Ester 21).B 22).G 23).F
24).A 25).C 26).D 27).E 28).C 29).B 30).A