OPSC has invited applications for recruitment of Assistant Section Officers (ASO) in 2014-15. The notification is out to Apply for eligible candidates. The Odisha public service Commission will conduct written exam & Viva voce test for shortlisted candidates for the recruitment procedure.
Eligibility Criteria for OPSC Recruitment:
1. Educational Qualification required to fill the form: Candidate should be a Graduate degree holder in any stream by the date 01-01-2013 from Indian university or any equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Indian Central Government (AICTE/ UGC).
2. Computer knowledge: The candidate must have basic and adequate computer knowledge to work in office environment.
3. Odia language fluency: The candidate must be able to read write and speak odia fluently. & must have passed at least ME school standard level test conducted by the BSE, Odisha
4. Age Limit to fill the form : Your age should be between 21 to 32 years as on 01-01-2012
Relaxation in Age limit for OPSC Recruitment:
For OBC/SC/ST/ Ex servicemen/women there is 5 years age relaxation and for
PH category age relaxation is of 10 years
The Plan of examination for OPSC Recruitment:The total time period of the exam is only six hours. Hence for each subject 1 hour only. The exam conducted will be of 600 marks.
The recruitment procedure will be consisting of the following stages of examination:-
1. Written exam (Multiple choice type questions)
2. Written exam descriptive type – essay in English & odia.
3. Skill test in computer practical type.
Topics which will be covered in exam syllabus
100 marks from English language.
100 marks from General knowledge, Computer Awareness
100 marks from topic Mathematics
100 marks of logical reasoning & mental ability
100 marks for computer theory
25 marks each for essay in English & odia (total 50 marks)
50 marks for computer practical.
Selection Process for ASO :
Paper is basically based on 2 different stages one by one:
i. Written examination which consist of (Objective + Subjective questions)
ii.Skill test of computer
Final selection is based on your both examination results
Important Dates for ASO exam 2014:
On-line registration of application : 01.09.2014 TO 27.09.2014
Payment of fee :On line 01.09.2014 TO 30.09.2014
Payment of fee : Off line 01.09.2014 TO 30.09.2014
How to apply for OPSC Recruitment:
Register on official website of OPSC for ASO exam and get the application number and challan is generated. Once you successfully completed form filling & fee payment after submitting the application you need to send a hard copy of the form print out along with required documents to the chairman OPSC. Take the print out of the application form with you.
VACANCIES Detail :
OBC/ SEBC – 91
GEN – 406
Two methods of payment for form :
First is Online Mode – through Debit / Credit cards or Internet Banking
Second is Offline Mode – pay at any branch of SBI via challan generated from website.
For more details check www.opsc.gov.in
For applying online visit www.opsconline.gov.in