We are presenting latest Latest Banking and Economy Current Affairs 2014 which is really very important for those candidates who are preparing for banking and other competitive exams because current affairs is one of the most important topics in General Awareness section of different exams and Banking and Economy section covers more than 50% part in Banking exams.
Candidates are requested to read each point carefully and make note for future use in upcoming exams of banking.
1. First online retailer which has collected over 1 Billion USD investment from Market – Flipkart – The E-Commerce Retailer
2. Which Company has bought 1200 MW Thermal Power Plant from Lanco Infratech in Karnataka – Adani Group headed by Gautam Adani
3. Presently Approved FDI – Foreign Direct Investment in Railways Sector of India – 100%
4. Presently Approved FDI – Foreign Direct Investment in Insurance Sector of India – 49%
5. The Program which has been started by government of India to promote Ideas and Innovation and declared revival of CAPART – Council for Advancement of People’s Action and Rural Technology that works with Rural Development sector NGOs. – BII – Bank of Ideas and Innovation (Latest Banking and Economy Current Affairs 2014)
6. Which government company has received the rank/ status of Navratna in recent times – CONCOR – Container Corporation of India.
7. Latest revised investment target for DFC – Dedicated Freight Corridor by government from 27000 crore to – 80,000 crores.
8. Central Government has started Jan Dhan Yojna. What are the key points of this scheme launched by Union Government ? (Latest Banking and Economy Current Affairs 2014)
> It is a major step towards Financial Inclusion in India
> It has the target to open 15 crore bank accounts by August 2018
> It gives overdraft facility of Rs. 5000/- for those people who successfully operate the account with enough flexibility for continuously 6 months.
> It gives Accidental Insurance of Rs. 1,00,000.
9. Latest Banking and Economy Current Affairs 2014 – India’s most valuable brand with USD 9.4 Billion – HDFC Bank
10. The bank which has started first In country EMI – Equated Monthly Installment on Debit Cards to enable its customers to convert their high value transactions into easy installment – ICICI Bank
11. Latest Banking and Economy Current Affairs 2014 The bank which has declared Airlines Company – Kingfisher a Wilful Defaulter – IDBI Bank
12. The Mobile company that became the largest Mobile Supplier company in india and has overtaken Samsung – Micromax – 16.6 % share
13. The Varishta Pension Bima Yojna has been relaunched by government of India and the company that will regulate the scheme is – LIC India
14. Latest Banking and Economy Current Affairs 2014 RBI has allowed banks to reduce number of Free Transactions from ATMs of other banks to Three from Five in a month.
15. RBI has approved changing its board structure suggestions given by Dr. Raghuram Rajan (Governor of RBI) that includes the appointment of fifth Deputy Governor in RBI and the person who is likely to be the fifth Deputy Governor of RBI is – Nachiket Mor
16. ASC – Asset Reconstruction Companies
17. TReDS – Trade Receivables Accounting System
18. Current Statutory Liquidity Ratio is – 22%, Bank Rate 9%, Repo Rate 8%, Reverse Repo Rate – 7%, CRR – Cash Reserve Ratio – 4%, MSF – Marginal Standing Facility Rate – 9% (frequently asked in exams under Latest Banking and Economy Current Affairs 2014)
19. REIT and InvIT – Real Estate and Infrastructure Investment Trusts
20. The scheme – ‘Home Loan on Wheels” is started by – State Bank of India
21. Rs. 2400 crores project to connect Andaman and Nicobar, Lakshadweep Islands with strong cable based networks to replace the satellite mode of transmission by TRAI – Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
22. GIRO – Government Internal Revenue Order based on Umesh Bellur Committee has been proposed by RBI to set up GIRO to implement a comfortable Anytime, Anywhere Bill Payment System Across Country.
This proposes of two new Units which are –
BBPS – Bharat Bill Payments System
BBPOUS – Bharat Bill Payment Operating Units.
All these topics are very important in Latest Banking and Economy Current Affairs 2014 for upcoming exams.
Candidates are requested to keep visiting for other important current affairs on banking and economy at – http://studentstudyhub.com/